3.20.2009

Thinking about the Auto Companies

It seems like every time I turn around someone is saying that the problem with car companies is that they haven't been building cars people want to buy. Has it occurred to anyone that they're maybe just pumping out too many cars - that we may have reached and even exceeded the saturation point. I speak as someone who lives near LA, doesn't have a car, and doesn't want to have a car. If I had my way, I'd never own a car. If I was wealthy enough, I might, however, buy into a car pool, because cars can be a lot of fun, but not every day, and not the sort you (probably) drive to work.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Interesting statistic related to your point: http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_many_cars_are_there_per_person_in_US

So, yes, it probably is a saturated market.

Wallis said...

Ironic how their roads can be crazier, with fewer total cars :) I know it's mostly a question of density, of both population and car ownership, but it's still humorous to me.